Has anyone noticed that the base security for knowledge centers, specifically th

Has anyone noticed that the base security for knowledge centers, specifically the setting of groups that can access the knowledge center, doesn't work? I created a basic user, added the user to designers and process model creators to give the basic user access to designer mode, and the user has access to a knowledge center that has security set up for groups that this basic user is not a member of. This basic user can still see the knowledge center, and can access all of the files in that knowledge center, even though the user is not a member of any of the groups listed in the security of the knowledge center.

We found a workaround to this by selecting the second tab of security and selecting "Users require administrator approval for access to Knowledge Center". But I am wondering why the first tab of the security, setting groups, does not work.

OriginalPostID-150333

OriginalPostID-150333

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Just to clarify, "Users require administrator approval for access to Knowledge Center" does not in fact refer to an individual approval, but rather the security access settings for users and groups - i.e., by adding a user/group on the Access tab in security, the administrator has approved them. Note that the docs mention if you do not select "Users require administrator approval for access to Knowledge Center" (Low/Custom security), then "Any user who applies for access is automatically approved for read-only access". For more info, check out the documentation here: forum.appian.com/.../Knowledge_Center_Security.html
  • Just to clarify, "Users require administrator approval for access to Knowledge Center" does not in fact refer to an individual approval, but rather the security access settings for users and groups - i.e., by adding a user/group on the Access tab in security, the administrator has approved them. Note that the docs mention if you do not select "Users require administrator approval for access to Knowledge Center" (Low/Custom security), then "Any user who applies for access is automatically approved for read-only access". For more info, check out the documentation here: forum.appian.com/.../Knowledge_Center_Security.html
Children
No Data