Is there a way to check which custom groups are associated with objects (e.g., p

Certified Senior Developer
Is there a way to check which custom groups are associated with objects (e.g., processes, actions, etc.)? I'd like to delete those that are not being used (or are redundant) but I hesitate to do this in case there are some that are specifically linked to a process.

OriginalPostID-151483

OriginalPostID-151483

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @judym If the requirement is to deal with processes(i.e. process instances), afaik it could be done easily by designing a process to delete groups provided if one of the following is implemented:

1. If the appian group id is associated with the process instance/ work object in database tables. In this case it's a straight forward implementation - obtain the group ids from database and provide them as inputs to Delete Group smart service.

2. If you make use of the attributes of custom group - Attributes provide a possibility to distinguish the custom group objects. Here, by making use of people functions you can obtain the desired groups based on the desired attributes with desired values and finally provide these to the Delete Group smart service.
  • @judym If the requirement is to deal with processes(i.e. process instances), afaik it could be done easily by designing a process to delete groups provided if one of the following is implemented:

1. If the appian group id is associated with the process instance/ work object in database tables. In this case it's a straight forward implementation - obtain the group ids from database and provide them as inputs to Delete Group smart service.

2. If you make use of the attributes of custom group - Attributes provide a possibility to distinguish the custom group objects. Here, by making use of people functions you can obtain the desired groups based on the desired attributes with desired values and finally provide these to the Delete Group smart service.
Children
No Data