Deactivate/Reactivate Users When Performing Deployment to Production

Im looking into the ability to deactivate/reactivate users when performing a deploy to production to prevent users from using the system mid way through a deployment.
I tried the Personalization Plugin and created a group which I passed to the Deactivate Users smart service which worked fine. The problem is that by deactivating these users, they are removed from the group and I am unable to reactivate the users I deactivated earlier without having to manually reactivate each one.
Is there a better solution for locking users out of the system for a production deploy?

OriginalPostID-153062

OriginalPostID-153062

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    In one my earlier project we were using below procedure
    1. Create a sample application('System outage application') with one page and having info on that page as 'System under maintenance'
    2. Hide or Unpublished your main application for which you don't want user to access.
    3. Publish 'System outage application' and set it as default, so that every user logging in to the system will land on first page of 'System outage application' which has system outage message.
    4.On completion of system outage Hide or Unpublish the 'System outage application' and republish your main application
    Certified Lead Developer
    In one my earlier project we were using below procedure
    1. Create a sample application('System outage application') with one page and having info on that page as 'System under maintenance'
    2. Hide or Unpublished your main application for which you don't want user to access.
    3. Publish 'System outage application' and set it as default, so that every user logging in to the system will land on first page of 'System outage application' which has system outage message.
    4.On completion of system outage Hide or Unpublish the 'System outage application' and republish your main application
Children
No Data