Deactivate/Reactivate Users When Performing Deployment to Production

Im looking into the ability to deactivate/reactivate users when performing a deploy to production to prevent users from using the system mid way through a deployment.
I tried the Personalization Plugin and created a group which I passed to the Deactivate Users smart service which worked fine. The problem is that by deactivating these users, they are removed from the group and I am unable to reactivate the users I deactivated earlier without having to manually reactivate each one.
Is there a better solution for locking users out of the system for a production deploy?

OriginalPostID-153062

OriginalPostID-153062

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Another option, more tedious to setup but easier during outages is to create separate sections on each form displayed or hidden via a constant, one displayed when the maintenance constant is true() - with a message about maintenance, and one displayed when the constant is false - with all normal form inputs/displays. This will allow you to simply change a constant flag when you want the task to become 'disabled'. Note you will need to configure data outputs and process model routing (looping back to itself) based on this constant as well, since it is not possible (at least in 7.3) to have a form load without any buttons. Otherwise, you may have to pause all running process instances as well as removing security. We have this type of issue when an external database is up, but requires us to hold inputs - we use a constant to flag maintenance and during that period, a message is displayed on the form, users can complete the task but the processes halt at a rule node until the period has completed, where we flip the constant back and everything continues as normal.
  • Another option, more tedious to setup but easier during outages is to create separate sections on each form displayed or hidden via a constant, one displayed when the maintenance constant is true() - with a message about maintenance, and one displayed when the constant is false - with all normal form inputs/displays. This will allow you to simply change a constant flag when you want the task to become 'disabled'. Note you will need to configure data outputs and process model routing (looping back to itself) based on this constant as well, since it is not possible (at least in 7.3) to have a form load without any buttons. Otherwise, you may have to pause all running process instances as well as removing security. We have this type of issue when an external database is up, but requires us to hold inputs - we use a constant to flag maintenance and during that period, a message is displayed on the form, users can complete the task but the processes halt at a rule node until the period has completed, where we flip the constant back and everything continues as normal.
Children
No Data