I would like to know if I create a multi-file upload field and upload say 3 docu

I would like to know if I create a multi-file upload field and upload say 3 documents. Can I create a document download link array that are links to the uploaded docs? So in column one I have the multi-file upload field. As I upload documents the file names appear with a Remove link next to them. Say I now close this form. come back to continue work I would want those 3 documents to have links where they could be downloaded and wondered if can accomplish this by creating a download document link array in the second column?

OriginalPostID-153879

OriginalPostID-153879

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Is there also a way to grab the uploaded file title and then use it as the label for the document download link?
    Certified Senior Developer
    Appian stores the documents in a system temp folder until the form is submitted. So you would need to create a submit button to submit the form, append the documents to a document array, and then loop back to the form to display the doc array contents in the grid. I would save the documents to a temp working folder until you are ready to officially submit the task (then move the contents to official case folder and clear the temp/working). Use the document() function to access document properties such as the document name and show that as the link label. Since you're showing it in a grid, use the apply function to iterate thru the document array. You can create a separate rule (to iterate with apply) which takes the document id and displays the property you want (file name). There is an APN rule which already does this for document name (see below).

So, for example,
    a!gridTextColumn(
    data: apply(rule!APN_getDocumentName,ri!documentArray_doc),
    links:apply(a!documentDownloadLink(document:_),ri!documentArray_doc)
    )

You could create other columns to show other properties of the file such as file type, created by, created on, etc...using rule!APN_getDocumentName as a template to create the rules to use in the apply() for each new column. I hope this answers your question.
    Certified Lead Developer
    For the curious.. @adela demonstrates how to access document properties via dot notation without needing to submit the form by passing a local!document variable back into a!fileUpload(): forum.appian.com/.../e-153370