I want to execute a query without using Query Database node. I think Query Rule

I want to execute a query without using Query Database node. I think Query Rule is the best way execute a query for faster performance. But how to use Query Rule for multiple entities? Which is best way to execute below query?

"select T1.* from TABLE_ONE T1 , TABLE_TWO T2
where T1.CUST_ACCT_ID = T2.PRNT_ACCT_ID
and T2.ORDR_ID = pv!order_id; "

Thanks.

OriginalPostID-155351

OriginalPostID-155351

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @anilkumark AFAIK I don't think that Query database will always execute slower than the Query rules because out of my experience in some cases, a Query database node does the work quickly when compared to query rules especially when we are in the process (Infact we opted for Query database node at times for complex operations). And the decision to opt for Query database or Query rules depends on the situation as each way has got its own pros and cons. For example, you may not effectively parse the result of a native sql query on the SAIL interface and you should change the native sql query when the database vendor changes.

To complement Sonal's explanation, I would like to suggest to have a look at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.9/Querying_Data_From_an_RDBMS.html if you prefer to opt for querying database using Appian's OOTB functionalities after getting the database views ready.
  • @anilkumark AFAIK I don't think that Query database will always execute slower than the Query rules because out of my experience in some cases, a Query database node does the work quickly when compared to query rules especially when we are in the process (Infact we opted for Query database node at times for complex operations). And the decision to opt for Query database or Query rules depends on the situation as each way has got its own pros and cons. For example, you may not effectively parse the result of a native sql query on the SAIL interface and you should change the native sql query when the database vendor changes.

To complement Sonal's explanation, I would like to suggest to have a look at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.9/Querying_Data_From_an_RDBMS.html if you prefer to opt for querying database using Appian's OOTB functionalities after getting the database views ready.
Children
No Data