Hi, Has anyone created a solution that allows for delegation of tasks?

Hi,
Has anyone created a solution that allows for delegation of tasks?
For instance, a user can specify a start and end date and a user and then any tasks during that period that is assigned to this user will go to the delegated user.

Thanks

OriginalPostID-157995

OriginalPostID-157995

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I did something like this once. I created a delegate table which the user could update via an Action. This would allow the user to manage their delegate(s). Then on the UI tasks we were allowing the user to delegate, I wrote an expression that queried the delegate table. If any entries were found for the original assignee, it assigned the task to those delegates in addition to the original assignee. Would that work for your case? I don't know of any out of the box capability which would be better.
  • I did something like this once. I created a delegate table which the user could update via an Action. This would allow the user to manage their delegate(s). Then on the UI tasks we were allowing the user to delegate, I wrote an expression that queried the delegate table. If any entries were found for the original assignee, it assigned the task to those delegates in addition to the original assignee. Would that work for your case? I don't know of any out of the box capability which would be better.
Children
No Data