# Inflight Migration Hi, We have a requirement where we have to migrat

# Inflight Migration
Hi,
We have a requirement where we have to migrate inflight instances which are there in some other BPM tool to Appian. i,e. We have few requests which are in the middle of the flow in other BPM tool, those requests we have to migrate into Appian and have to continue from same point where we have left in other BPM tool.

Can you please suggest a feasible solution.

Thanks In Advance..

OriginalPostID-162578

OriginalPostID-162578

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• One option is to build a migration application. In this approach, you will have a gateway after start process that will contain the logic of where the flow should be directed to. While directing, you will also set the necessary variable values within the process including any milestones or other variables that are required. Once done, you need to load the data and there needs to be an indicator within your data load to indicate which position within the process that piece of data flow should be directed to. (this is the flag the gateway would use for directing the process flow).
    I suggest you do thorough testing in DEV/UAT before making changes to production.

Once the data have been migrated, you can roll back to the original process map.
  • This is duplicate entry. Please have a look below which I added comment on "shivakanthr" post