Delete folders off of the Knowledge Center on Cloud

Is there an easy way to delete folders off of the knowledge center?
We're generating a lot of folders/documents while developing, and would like to clean it up for testing purposes. Right now we can't delete a folder unless it's empty.
We're also on the cloud.

OriginalPostID-163186

OriginalPostID-163186

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• @nickh I don't think there is a way to obtain all the contents in KC currently with available OOTB/ shared components (apart from writing a new smart service) and even I have come across the same requirement which can be found at https://forum.appian.com/suite/tempo/entry/e-121528. But this shouldn't be an issue if you know the folders that should be emptied and deleted.

To empty a folder though there are contents present in it, you may want to use the shared component 'Empty Folder' at https://forum.appian.com/suite/tempo/records/type/components/item/i8BCLGOdlMUpdGVqT-RV7oRg74uEGJO5C8bDwhkEn5mDKspVZzMlU0QLU7LE4ZUpw/view/summary. Later you can delete the folder.
  • Alternatively, you can create a process that uses the execute report smart service to retrieve an array of folders that you want to delete from those test process instances. MNI through that array of folders. Also remember to execute this process as a System Administrator.
  • A few questions which we may need to answer ourselves before we depend on analytics queries which can be made by Execute portal report smart service/ getportalreportdatasubset()/ queryProcessAnalytics()/ Execute Report with Multiple Filters smart service:

1. How should the folders in archived instances be dealt with? Again this may require the unarchival of completed process instances originated from process model that has folder generating capabilities.
    2. Are the process models in the system identified, that has capability to create folders? Or is there a generic process model for folder creation? If so, a single report on this generic process model is sufficient. If not, we may again need to consider following scenarios:
    a. If we construct one report(one report for all the process models that generates folders) for execute portal report smart service, how complex is the report going to be? (We need to configure the folder id column in such a way that it provides value based on the PV which can vary according to process model and this might still become complex if the complex data types of multiple type holds folder ids)
    b. If we construct multiple reports(one report for each process model that generates folders) for execute portal report smart service, how many number of reports we should create? Each report might have a different parsing mechanism, because a process model which maintains folder as an array variable should be joined in the report column and needs to be split later into an array in the process.
  • @nickh Hi, I have found a shared component which will help you to get all the folders from KC or Community. Please refer 'Custom Content Functions' at https://forum.appian.com/suite/tempo/records/type/components/item/i8BCLGOdlMUpdGVqT-RV7oRg74uEGJO5CUfzKHrRDheqXKAfJuktZsH4-J1TowoMw/view/summary. Unfortunately it was overlooked by me. Usage of this plugin and Empty folder plugin will do the job desired by you.