Hi, What is the maximum number of records that can be persisted to a

Hi,

What is the maximum number of records that can be persisted to a database ( in my case I am using MySQL) at a time (say a CDT has close to 1000 records) using "Write to Data Store Entity Smart Service" ?

OriginalPostID-163827

OriginalPostID-163827

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @sapnas So far from my experience I don't think there is any limit in Appian when we go with Integrations smart services to make updates in the database. To the best of my knowledge this should be specific to the database vendor we choose. For instance, in one particular scenario I wrote a cdt to database that has more than 100000 records. So far I remember there isn't any limit in Appian which controls the amount of data that should be inserted using Integrations smart services. But we need to keep in mind that the system's performance will be impacted to a huge extent as the number of records to update goes on increasing. So while doing these kind of operations, we need to consider prepare, execute, transform phase's(This has been elaborated in Health Check in documentation) metrics which will say how the operation is being carried out. Further this may flag your health check results as high risk if the amount of data is heavy.
  • @sapnas So far from my experience I don't think there is any limit in Appian when we go with Integrations smart services to make updates in the database. To the best of my knowledge this should be specific to the database vendor we choose. For instance, in one particular scenario I wrote a cdt to database that has more than 100000 records. So far I remember there isn't any limit in Appian which controls the amount of data that should be inserted using Integrations smart services. But we need to keep in mind that the system's performance will be impacted to a huge extent as the number of records to update goes on increasing. So while doing these kind of operations, we need to consider prepare, execute, transform phase's(This has been elaborated in Health Check in documentation) metrics which will say how the operation is being carried out. Further this may flag your health check results as high risk if the amount of data is heavy.
Children
No Data