Hello, We are on Portal and moving to Tempo and would like some feedb

Hello,

We are on Portal and moving to Tempo and would like some feedback on databases and what other organizations are doing.

Is it better to have one dedicated database per process? Or to have one database for multiple processes?

Or maybe have one database for the "low records" processes and dedicated database for the "higher records" processes?

Thanks
MJ

OriginalPostID-166601

OriginalPostID-166601

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • We typically use a separate database schema per application (some apps have access to several schemas but they typically "own" an application schema). Not sure what you mean by "lower records process" etc. What I'm referring to is having say an application that manages dispatch, routing and maintenance of trucks and another that manages space allocation and throughput in a warehouse. I would have a "trucks" schema / database and a "warehouse" schema
  • We typically use a separate database schema per application (some apps have access to several schemas but they typically "own" an application schema). Not sure what you mean by "lower records process" etc. What I'm referring to is having say an application that manages dispatch, routing and maintenance of trucks and another that manages space allocation and throughput in a warehouse. I would have a "trucks" schema / database and a "warehouse" schema
Children
No Data