Hello all, I have two questions: - Is there any way of setting session

Hello all,
I have two questions:
- Is there any way of setting session variables in Appian?
- Is it possible to send another parameter to a record url besides the items identifier?

Thank you in advance,
Octavian

OriginalPostID-167645

OriginalPostID-167645

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • We have an Order CDT that has multiple Customers. Inside the record view for Order we defined a grid of Customers allocated to the Order.
    We had to define a "Details" button for each row in the grid that should open the specific customer record. We defined both Order and Customers as records, and we used a!recordLink to create the link between them. So far so good :)
    Now the challenge is that we need to define a button in the Customer record that will open another application (web-based) with both the Order Id and the Customer Id sent as parameters. So somehow we need to pass the Order Id as parameter to the Customer Record.
    One solution was to add a Get parameter to the a!recordLink, it worked, but in Appian 7.8 I don't find any standard functionality to get the parameter (I think that in 7.10 there are http! functions that could have helped with this...but we use 7.8).
    The other solution that I thought about was to set a Session variable in the Order Record and use it in the Customer Record...
  • We have an Order CDT that has multiple Customers. Inside the record view for Order we defined a grid of Customers allocated to the Order.
    We had to define a "Details" button for each row in the grid that should open the specific customer record. We defined both Order and Customers as records, and we used a!recordLink to create the link between them. So far so good :)
    Now the challenge is that we need to define a button in the Customer record that will open another application (web-based) with both the Order Id and the Customer Id sent as parameters. So somehow we need to pass the Order Id as parameter to the Customer Record.
    One solution was to add a Get parameter to the a!recordLink, it worked, but in Appian 7.8 I don't find any standard functionality to get the parameter (I think that in 7.10 there are http! functions that could have helped with this...but we use 7.8).
    The other solution that I thought about was to set a Session variable in the Order Record and use it in the Customer Record...
Children
No Data