How to perform exception handling when any node withing the process fails or sus

How to perform exception handling when any node withing the process fails or suspends?, basically I should be able to show an error screen to end user with some basic information.

OriginalPostID-170192

OriginalPostID-170192

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @parvezs Here goes my suggestion to your question:
    How to perform exception handling when any node withing the process fails or suspends?
    To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a perfect solution that fits your usecase but I would like to suggest to refer the approach pointed by @siddharthg at https://forum.appian.com/suite/tempo/entry/e-155795. That's how I have done or seen so far but this may not fit all the scenarios. Let's see the other practitioner's suggestions.

basically I should be able to show an error screen to end user with some basic information.
    It would be worth elaborating the above sentence. I guess, knowing about the error by checking the alert mails and thereby identifying and resolving the issue should be part of the users who support the application. As the chain breaks(if exists) when the node fails, out of interest, I would like to know how you want to surface the same to end user (i.e. a new user input task to user? or a status in dashboard? etc).
  • @parvezs Here goes my suggestion to your question:
    How to perform exception handling when any node withing the process fails or suspends?
    To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a perfect solution that fits your usecase but I would like to suggest to refer the approach pointed by @siddharthg at https://forum.appian.com/suite/tempo/entry/e-155795. That's how I have done or seen so far but this may not fit all the scenarios. Let's see the other practitioner's suggestions.

basically I should be able to show an error screen to end user with some basic information.
    It would be worth elaborating the above sentence. I guess, knowing about the error by checking the alert mails and thereby identifying and resolving the issue should be part of the users who support the application. As the chain breaks(if exists) when the node fails, out of interest, I would like to know how you want to surface the same to end user (i.e. a new user input task to user? or a status in dashboard? etc).
Children
No Data