Hi, I have a question because I am looking for a best practice tip / or a s

Hi,
I have a question because I am looking for a best practice tip / or a step-by-step list.
We currently start with our first Appian instance / process (CELEBRATE!) in production. We had an intense data migration task to complete in the last week.
We also have a second environment (approval) which we want to use as a mirror of the production environment, in order to
a.) tackle production errors and work on solutions
b.) improve our application in production step by step before staging it onto the prod environment

We are looking for the most convinient way to synchronize our approval instance (including operational data) with our production instance periodically, because we do not want to / are not able to repeat the migration process again on the approval instance.
On the other hand we would like to start with both systems in the same state into our new world if possible.
Secondly it would open up a way to follow the devlopment of production dat...

OriginalPostID-170403

OriginalPostID-170403

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• ...a with our approval instance.
    (Hint: I know about forum.appian.com/.../Migration_Guide.html but the intention here is not to migrate the complete system (from version to version or system to system) but to migrate the operational data of the application from system to system)
    I guess we would need something like :execution engines , complete data base, user documents as data on file system to transfer.

Wrong?
    Right?
    Possible to understand?
    Any ideas?

Thank you for your help
    Olaf

• I'm not sure why you want to replicate production data to other instance. But, the steps are not any different from migration.

Basically, once you have the approval instance. Automate these steps:
    1) bring down both the instances - Web/App server then Appian engines.
    2) Bring down both DB for both instances - both primary and business DBs.
    3) Copy Appian KDBs and _admin from Prod to Approval.
    4) Copy primary instance DB (primary and business DBs) from Prod to Approval.
    5) Start both instances - Appian engines then Web/App server.
  • Just to confirm what the previous posts have mentioned, the process to copy the environment is essentially similar to the migration, and you will need to copy all of the files and directories mentioned in the Migration Guide.
  • Ok thank you all.
    I was hoping it may not have been that complicated.
    Because I didn't intended to copy the pysical instance with ALL Processes (of different applications) and user rights andenvironment configurations and all that.
    I just intended to copy ONE Application with its Processes AND its DATA.
    The plan was to trace errors in the approval environment as soon as they appear in production because we didn't want to twiddle around in production environment.
    But I guess we have to rethink our approach or just do it the way described in the forum.
    Thanks anyway guys.