Hi, I am trying to render a dropdown from a constant of type group (List) using

Hi, I am trying to render a dropdown from a constant of type group (List) using the below code. It works fine if a user is administrator and it throws "Expression evaluation error in rule 'rule1' at function 'apply' [line 253]: Invalid function group" when the user is just a viewer.

SAIL Code:
a!dropdownField(
label: "Business Group to Work",
choiceLabels: apply(
group(
_,
"groupName"
),
cons!GROUPS_TO_WORK
),
placeholderLabel: "--Select--",
choiceValues: cons!GROUPS_TO_WORK,
value: ri!groupToAssign,
saveInto: ri!groupToAssign,
required: true,
requiredMessage: "Please select a group to assign the task"
)

Constant Details:
Name: GROUPS_TO_WORK
Type : Group
List: Yes
Values : Approvers; Reviewers; Admins

Please help me in resolving this issue.

OriginalPostID-171177

OriginalPostID-171177

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Sikhivahans,

yes you are right this is for process context, I am wondering what can be the scenario where we need a dropdown to represent groups on a report or a dashboard. If it's not a dropdown and is required only for display we should use groupnames (Text).

In any case if it is outside the processcontext and a dropdown is required, we can configure the rules to use getgroupbyname() and pass the text array of names, it returns null where user doesn't have proper rights on groups and we can process the o/p to remove the nulls.

This way user can still see all the groups he has proper access to without ending into above mentioned exception.

Opening the group security to all users will defeat the purpose of applying the group security at the first place itself.
  • Hi Sikhivahans,

yes you are right this is for process context, I am wondering what can be the scenario where we need a dropdown to represent groups on a report or a dashboard. If it's not a dropdown and is required only for display we should use groupnames (Text).

In any case if it is outside the processcontext and a dropdown is required, we can configure the rules to use getgroupbyname() and pass the text array of names, it returns null where user doesn't have proper rights on groups and we can process the o/p to remove the nulls.

This way user can still see all the groups he has proper access to without ending into above mentioned exception.

Opening the group security to all users will defeat the purpose of applying the group security at the first place itself.
Children
No Data