Hi, I have been working on CDT null checks. My CDT has two attributes

Hi,

I have been working on CDT null checks. My CDT has two attributes: ID and email (one to many).
I query the table on the ID. I then do an isNull check.
Sometimes I get "true" because the query returns this sort of object: ("").
Sometimes it simply fails because the query returns this sort of object: (ID = "", Email = "").

Can anyone tell me when I can expect to see this: (""), and when I can expect to see this: (ID = "", Email = "").

This is important because in testing I found the rule was working and after deployment it was not.

I know that the correct thing to do is to do the isNull check on the primary attribute of the CDT; what I'm after here is an explanation of the apparantly unpredictable behaviour.

Thanks

Iain...

OriginalPostID-63485

OriginalPostID-63485

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks very much for these answers. Revat, do you mean that 'internal workings' of the query rule are determined by where the result of the query rule is destined? So, if my query rule will end up in a non-multiple variable, then any isNull functions it contains, when applied to a CDT row, will, when empty, return [ID="", Email=""]; while if it will end up in a multiple variable, then one gets ""?
    Thanks if you can clarify at all for me!
  • Thanks very much for these answers. Revat, do you mean that 'internal workings' of the query rule are determined by where the result of the query rule is destined? So, if my query rule will end up in a non-multiple variable, then any isNull functions it contains, when applied to a CDT row, will, when empty, return [ID="", Email=""]; while if it will end up in a multiple variable, then one gets ""?
    Thanks if you can clarify at all for me!
Children
No Data