I am trying to import the application from Dev to Test Envirornment and The foll

I am trying to import the application from Dev to Test Envirornment and The following error messages pops up when I do the inspect Element.

How do I resolve this issue?

Problems (6):
group _e-0000db2d-92f6-8000-9aee-01075c01075c_52 "FNOL_PL_Intake_Synergy": An error occurred while creating group [uuid=_e-0000db2d-92f6-8000-9aee-01075c01075c_52]: Duplicate names for public and team groups are not allowed (APNX-1-4071-007)
group _e-0000db42-c7d4-8000-9aee-01075c01075c_31 "FNOL_WC_Intake": An error occurred while creating group [uuid=_e-0000db42-c7d4-8000-9aee-01075c01075c_31]: Duplicate names for public and team groups are not allowed (APNX-1-4071-007)
group _e-0000db2d-92f6-8000-9aee-01075c01075c_48 "FNOL_WC_AfterHours ": An error occurred while creating group [uuid=_e-0000db2d-92f6-8000-9aee-01075c01075c_48]: Duplicate names for public and team groups are not allowed (APNX-1-4071-007)
group _e-0000db2d-92f6-8000-9aee-01075c01075c_49 "FNOL_WC_Ad...

OriginalPostID-175705

OriginalPostID-175705

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @nileshkumarg If you haven't gone through the documentation https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.11/Application_Deployment_Guidelines.html#Reading_the_Import_Log already I would like to suggest you to do so.

Next to the above, there is a shared component at https://forum.appian.com/suite/tempo/records/type/components/item/i4BCLGOdlMUpdGVqT-RV7oRg74uEGJO7CX78k3rTbF8G99KUVKWS-2lgHOJrARv/view/summary which will help you identify the objects by their id or uuid you generally see in logs.

Added to the above I would like to suggest one point which will ease your deployment: Always try to maintain two separate apps. One application that just consists of data types and data stores and the other application which consists of all the required Appian objects. So what you should be doing ideally is, release the data types and data stores application first and next to it, release the main application which actually consists of all the required objects necessary for release.

From your logs, I feel that following could be the issues:
    1. Duplicate names for public and team groups are not allowed - I am not completely sure but it seems like, source environment (Dev) allows the groups to be created with duplicate names where as target environment (Test) doesn't. It might be worth reviewing the settings. An other possibility could be is, the group objects might have been deleted and later created with the same name and you might be assuming that the objects are same because of the common name. It would be good to elaborate what you have done with respect to group objects if you are expecting a solution.
    2. The requested type will not be created and the existing type will not be altered. You must first delete the existing type if you intend to redefine it with a different structure. - Seems like you are trying to update the cdts which already exists in target environment. So you should drop the cdts (whose structure should be updated) from the target environment before trying to update them with your application.

And further a question to you - did you try to make use of Application Designer features mentioned at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.11/Trace_Relationships_for_Impact_Analysis.html or is your Appian version doesn't include this capability?

I tried to elaborate as much as I can using the available information and let's see if other practitioners could contribute their valuable suggestions as well.
  • @nileshkumarg If you haven't gone through the documentation https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.11/Application_Deployment_Guidelines.html#Reading_the_Import_Log already I would like to suggest you to do so.

Next to the above, there is a shared component at https://forum.appian.com/suite/tempo/records/type/components/item/i4BCLGOdlMUpdGVqT-RV7oRg74uEGJO7CX78k3rTbF8G99KUVKWS-2lgHOJrARv/view/summary which will help you identify the objects by their id or uuid you generally see in logs.

Added to the above I would like to suggest one point which will ease your deployment: Always try to maintain two separate apps. One application that just consists of data types and data stores and the other application which consists of all the required Appian objects. So what you should be doing ideally is, release the data types and data stores application first and next to it, release the main application which actually consists of all the required objects necessary for release.

From your logs, I feel that following could be the issues:
    1. Duplicate names for public and team groups are not allowed - I am not completely sure but it seems like, source environment (Dev) allows the groups to be created with duplicate names where as target environment (Test) doesn't. It might be worth reviewing the settings. An other possibility could be is, the group objects might have been deleted and later created with the same name and you might be assuming that the objects are same because of the common name. It would be good to elaborate what you have done with respect to group objects if you are expecting a solution.
    2. The requested type will not be created and the existing type will not be altered. You must first delete the existing type if you intend to redefine it with a different structure. - Seems like you are trying to update the cdts which already exists in target environment. So you should drop the cdts (whose structure should be updated) from the target environment before trying to update them with your application.

And further a question to you - did you try to make use of Application Designer features mentioned at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.11/Trace_Relationships_for_Impact_Analysis.html or is your Appian version doesn't include this capability?

I tried to elaborate as much as I can using the available information and let's see if other practitioners could contribute their valuable suggestions as well.
Children
No Data