Hi All, I need to change the group type of particular custom group ca

Hi All,

I need to change the group type of particular custom group can anybody help me on this how can it be done its urgent.
Thanks in advance

OriginalPostID-176747

OriginalPostID-176747

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @sunnya To the best of my knowledge, it can be definitely changeable, but there hasn't been a OOTB smart service or Shared Component created so far for this purpose. But yes, you could develop the desired functionality by making use of the API function 'changeGroupTypeOfGroup' at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.11/api/com/appiancorp/suiteapi/personalization/GroupService.html#changeGroupTypeOfGroup-java.lang.Long-java.lang.Long-.

I can see a reason why neither Appian nor Appian practitioners hasn't come up with the OOTB functionality or shared component of doing so because there could be potential danger of losing the attributes already associated with group (if any) which are very useful and essential (for instance, identify a group uniquely, or to retrieve a desired group when the group id is not present) while using dynamic groups.
  • @sunnya To the best of my knowledge, it can be definitely changeable, but there hasn't been a OOTB smart service or Shared Component created so far for this purpose. But yes, you could develop the desired functionality by making use of the API function 'changeGroupTypeOfGroup' at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.11/api/com/appiancorp/suiteapi/personalization/GroupService.html#changeGroupTypeOfGroup-java.lang.Long-java.lang.Long-.

I can see a reason why neither Appian nor Appian practitioners hasn't come up with the OOTB functionality or shared component of doing so because there could be potential danger of losing the attributes already associated with group (if any) which are very useful and essential (for instance, identify a group uniquely, or to retrieve a desired group when the group id is not present) while using dynamic groups.
Children
No Data