Is there a role as to allow one to be in the designer, but in read-only mode?

Is there a role as to allow one to be in the designer, but in read-only mode?

Just checking...

OriginalPostID-176872

OriginalPostID-176872

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • What's important to consider here is that this only works when other designers in the environment properly secure their applications.

If any object rolemap apply editor or administrator permissions to the "default (all other users)" user/group then your read-only users will have elevated permissions on those objects.

• Yeah, I was hoping that Appian would create a default group, called "Auditors" perhaps, who has access to all objects under the default user as read-only, and has access to run-time as read-only.  Similar to how users in "Designers" get access to designer and run-time and then get access to individual groups through the security settings.

I guess we could create an Auditors group and place them in Designers, and then add permission to EVERY object and application as read-only....

• Yeah, I was hoping that Appian would create a default group, called "Auditors" perhaps, who has access to all objects under the default user as read-only, and has access to run-time as read-only.  Similar to how users in "Designers" get access to designer and run-time and then get access to individual groups through the security settings.

I guess we could create an Auditors group and place them in Designers, and then add permission to EVERY object and application as read-only....

Children
No Data