My question concerns the Follow Records functionality. In our installation of Ap

My question concerns the Follow Records functionality. In our installation of Appian, new users are subscribed to all News feeds by default. It seems to me that this defeats the purpose of the Follow Records functionality unless the new user manually unsubscribes from the News feeds that generate the entries that are tagged with the records to be followed.

Do I misunderstand how Following Records works? How have all of you made use of this functionality?

OriginalPostID-181782

OriginalPostID-181782

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• As you mentioned, I think that the main purpose of following records is to allow people an alternate way of following news items should they choose to unsubscribe from the a News feed. We have not configured it yet but I could foresee some some people getting flooded in their News feed. One solution could be to have them unsubscribe from the main News feed and automatically add the user as a follower of a record after they accept a task related to that particular record. They would then have to unfollow the record manually once all the tasks related to that record are done.