What is the best way to achive: I have a form with around 10(country, ssn,

Certified Senior Developer
What is the best way to achive:
I have a form with around 10(country, ssn, fname, lname, age, etc) search criteria fields. User is required to mandatorily enter only one field. Rest 9 are optional.
In this case, what would be the best implementation way?? I need to fetch the records from the DB(2 different tables) for the entered criteria. If I use Query Database, how my SQL looks like since the where clause is dependent on the user input.
Any guideline / document would be of great help.
TIA....

OriginalPostID-63845

OriginalPostID-63845

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    I m sorry in my earlier post. I meant one input is anyway mandatory and 9 are optional, which said minimum one input and max 10 inputs.
    And also, the result should be displayed in a paging grid and in the paging grid user can select multiple rows and the selected rows to be displayed in another grid.
    The display part in grid and data handling can be managed but my concern is how to get the data onto the first grid. I suppose I can only use query rules to get the data onto the paging grid. but then how to have the dynamic where clauses in Query Rules??
    I m sorry in my earlier post. I meant one input is anyway mandatory and 9 are optional, which said minimum one input and max 10 inputs.
    And also, the result should be displayed in a paging grid and in the paging grid user can select multiple rows and the selected rows to be displayed in another grid.
    The display part in grid and data handling can be managed but my concern is how to get the data onto the first grid. I suppose I can only use query rules to get the data onto the paging grid. but then how to have the dynamic where clauses in Query Rules??
Children
No Data