Hi, I have created two Process Variables, one is PV1 which can store multip

Hi,
I have created two Process Variables, one is PV1 which can store multiple values and other one PV2 for storing single value. When I map the PV1 values to PV2, it is showing with semi column as a delimiter.

Here is the example : PV1 = a, b, c, d, PV2 = a; b; c; d

Can you please let me know what is the behavior in the back end, is there any changes in delimiter in near future.

OriginalPostID-182172

OriginalPostID-182172

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @munichandras, When the multiple type text variable or integer variable is assigned to a single type text variable then the array is stored as text separated with semicolon delimiter. Appian uses semicolon delimiter by default.
    If the multiple type integer variable is stored in to a single type integer value then the first array value is stored in to the single type process variable.
    If you want to replace the array separation with other than semicolon delimiter then you can use joinArray(array,delimiter) and you can retrieve the values in an array using split(text,delimiter).
  • @munichandras, When the multiple type text variable or integer variable is assigned to a single type text variable then the array is stored as text separated with semicolon delimiter. Appian uses semicolon delimiter by default.
    If the multiple type integer variable is stored in to a single type integer value then the first array value is stored in to the single type process variable.
    If you want to replace the array separation with other than semicolon delimiter then you can use joinArray(array,delimiter) and you can retrieve the values in an array using split(text,delimiter).
Children
No Data