Testing the Send Email Smart Service I’ve tried to send a message to an email ad

Testing the Send Email Smart Service I’ve tried to send a message to an email address with the following format name@domain.com.XX, where XX is the acronym of a specific country. The sub process finished normally, the smart service didn’t fail but the email was not sent, at least to the requested email.
In the same test instance I had 2 BCC emails address with the standard format (name@domain.com) and the Send Email Smart Service was able to send to these emails address.
Btw, it is a real email address and I am able to check the inbox.

OriginalPostID-64301

OriginalPostID-64301

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Marcio, it's possible that either (a) the emails were filtered out by the remote mail server or (b) the emails were sent to the Spam folder for those particular mailboxes.
  • Take a look at my comment in this post: forum.appian.com/.../f-63640

If sending e-mails from Appian is what is not working, keep in mind that the conf.mailhandler.ntf_sndr_addr property matters to the smtp server in the sense that it can cause the smtp server to block the request. Depending on the SMTP server some of them can actually block the e-mail if the sender or destination e-mail address is outside the domain of the SMTP server.

That said, try the following: make sure the e-mail address in conf.mailhandler.ntf_sndr_addr matches the domain specified conf.mailhandler.email.domain. For instance, assume a domain of type x.appiancorp.com, then the sndr_addr can be eduardo.fuentes@appian.com as this account is clearly part of the domain of the SMTP server.