Empty Grid Throwing Errors When Run in Process Model

Hi, I want to have an empty gridfield in my SAIL Interface. I tested it on the UI and it seems alright. It shows the grid with empty data with "No items available" in it. However when I run it in my process model, it gave me identifiers cannot be null error:

Caused by: com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: A grid component [label=“”] has an invalid value for “identifiers”. None of the values in “identifiers” can be null. (APNX-1-4239-002)

May I know how can I work around this? I know I can hide the gridField if the data is empty, but I don't want to. I wan't to show the empty grid even if the data is empty.

OriginalPostID-187274

OriginalPostID-187274

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Willt,

It seems the values provided to girdfield identifiers property is null and the gird data is not empty(contains one or more rows).
    solution is if any data or rows presented in grid field make sure identifiers should not be null.

Example:
    identifiers:if(rule!APN_isEmpty(local!Datasubset.data),null,index(local!Datasubset.data,"PrimaryKey",null)).

if you don't need selection in grid field you can remove identifiers.

• Hi Willt,

It seems the values provided to girdfield identifiers property is null and the gird data is not empty(contains one or more rows).
    solution is if any data or rows presented in grid field make sure identifiers should not be null.

Example:
    identifiers:if(rule!APN_isEmpty(local!Datasubset.data),null,index(local!Datasubset.data,"PrimaryKey",null)).

if you don't need selection in grid field you can remove identifiers.

Children
No Data