Hi, I have noticed a Total MB Used (excluding versions): 13855, in th

Hi,

I have noticed a Total MB Used (excluding versions): 13855, in the Usage Reports for the Documents Section.

If I click on each community and sum up all the folder sizes, it's under 1 GB. Where should I search for the remaining 12-13 GB?

Thanks!

OriginalPostID-190830

OriginalPostID-190830

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I saw this a while back and attributed some of it to some issues with process engines and upgrades over the years making orphans. I don't know if that was correct or not. A coworker mentioned last week (just before our Prod 7.6 to 7.11 upgrade) that it could be 'expired' documents in the document folders. Each folder can have a 0 for expiration time (unlimited), or a specific number of days before an uploaded doc is expired. He made it sound like expired docs aren't truly deleted but are essentially hidden and unavailable.

I am not sure which scenario is correct. I did however build a few process models to be used in our non-prod environments to clean up our KB areas of old folders & files. I feed it a KB#/Community #, folder #, and it iterates through the documents under it. It deletes the files it finds older than X date (or all if specified in the form) and then if the folder is empty deletes it. This worked well clearing out gigs of drive space in Appian that were 'hidden' (i.e. folder size claimed was X, but the folders themselves were empty, nearly empty, or couldn't be accessed). It seemed to work well and I was doing it to clear out docs used in testing.
  • I saw this a while back and attributed some of it to some issues with process engines and upgrades over the years making orphans. I don't know if that was correct or not. A coworker mentioned last week (just before our Prod 7.6 to 7.11 upgrade) that it could be 'expired' documents in the document folders. Each folder can have a 0 for expiration time (unlimited), or a specific number of days before an uploaded doc is expired. He made it sound like expired docs aren't truly deleted but are essentially hidden and unavailable.

I am not sure which scenario is correct. I did however build a few process models to be used in our non-prod environments to clean up our KB areas of old folders & files. I feed it a KB#/Community #, folder #, and it iterates through the documents under it. It deletes the files it finds older than X date (or all if specified in the form) and then if the folder is empty deletes it. This worked well clearing out gigs of drive space in Appian that were 'hidden' (i.e. folder size claimed was X, but the folders themselves were empty, nearly empty, or couldn't be accessed). It seemed to work well and I was doing it to clear out docs used in testing.
Children
No Data