We are on 7.11 Cloud. I have noticed one thing while creating News Po

We are on 7.11 Cloud.

I have noticed one thing while creating News Post (and Message as well). We have several groups with the & in its name (e.g. A&B Process). Now, when I start typing in the group name in the Participant picker of the Post, that group won't show up. I tried completely writing group name in the picker, but it didn't suggest that group.

Note: The group is a part of Tempo Message Audience Group.

Is anyone experiencing same behavior?

Let me know if additional information is needed.

Thanks,
Akshar.

OriginalPostID-191396

OriginalPostID-191396

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi akshar,
    I think group security stopping you. You can find public groups in picker results.
    Coming to personal groups, Users, including group administrators, cannot send Tempo messages to a Personal group, even if the group is added to the Tempo Message Audience Groups system group. Go through the forum to learn on group security.
    forum.appian.com/.../Configuring_Security_for_Groups.html
  • The group is not personal. If I click the icon (add participant) beside the picker, I can see that group listed over there. Also, group's security is set to public.
  • I have tried in my environment, with a public group under Tempo Message Audience Group and it works fine. Am able to post the entries.
  • @aksharc Could you please confirm how you verified the membership of a group (for instance, A&B Process group) against the 'Tempo Message Audience Group'?

To the best of my knowledge, how I remembered its working style is, a group doesn't became part of 'Tempo Message Audience Group' if the membership is obtained in an indirect way.

For instance, let's say there is a group called 'App 1 All Users' and there is a sub group of it namely 'App 1 HR Users'. Now let's assume that 'App 1 All Users' is added to 'Tempo Message Audience Group' manually or via process, and this action automatically makes the sub group namely 'App 1 HR Users' as a part of 'Tempo Message Audience Group'.

Now let's see how the addition of participants to a post behaves:
    1. 'App 1 All Users' will be visible when you try to search in the picker of the post.
    2. 'App 1 HR Users' won't be visible when you try to search in the picker of the post, because this has been added indirectly as it's parent group is added to the 'Tempo Message Audience Group' explicitly by us.

Once again go to 'Tempo Message Audience Group' and add the 'App 1 HR Users' explicitly or implicitly via process. Now 'App 1 HR Users' will be visible in the search results when you try to search in the picker of the post.

I am not sure if I understood it correctly as mentioned above as I left the issue without digging deep into it thereafter.

Further I think that the search mechanism has got nothing to do with security as specified above by other practitioner, because the groups should be at-least visible to the system administrators in the first place.
  • @sikhivahans I have set up a rule in the Tempo Message Audience Group such that the groups of specific group type will be included automatically.

So, I have a group named M&C Department Group. When I tried to search that group in post participant picker, it won't show up in the suggestion. Now, I am updating the Group's name to M and C Department Group. When I search that group now, it started showing up. I just modified the group name, and nothing else.

Any idea why that could have happened?
  • @aksharc I don't see any problem in adding a group named 'M&C Department Group' in the Appian instance which I have tested. Once again, would you be able to confirm if you are making use of the same name? Appearance without ampersand and disappearance with ampersand seems strange and it's not happening to me unfortunately. Are you on cloud?
  • Sorry for late response here.
    Yes, I am on cloud. And I confirm that I am making use of same group with updated name.