We are on 7.11 cloud. We have a process set up that will create a New

We are on 7.11 cloud.

We have a process set up that will create a News Feed. I have used Post Event to Feed smart service to create a news feed. In that service, the value of Viewer attribute is set dynamically based on what user had selected in the form. Now, once the feed is created, it is locked. I mean, no other participants can be added after the feed is created.

Is there a way, that user can add more participants after the feed is created? Note that the viewer will always have a value.

Thank you in advance.

Akshar.

OriginalPostID-191406

OriginalPostID-191406

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• I feel, a feed entry cannot be locked. Once the entry posted through the process, you can add more participants from News tab using a user(Participants) icon under the feed entry. But you cannot add more number of participants from a process.
  • The way I have accomplished this in the past is to use the create group smart service. Before your news post, create a custom group, and add the user that you want to see to post to that group. Then, post the news message to the new group. Later on, if you want to add more users to that news post, add the users instead to the group and they will have the proper permissions.

You can pass around the group as a PV and store it in the DB as part of your CDT to maintain which group needs to be updated.
  • @aksharc Hi, as said by other practitioner that the post won't be locked isn't true as per my knowledge. It will be definitely locked, because once when you automatically publish an event to feed by targeting it to a particular audience, you can't update the viewers, that is, whatever has been provided to it, whether User(s) or Group(s) objects set is final.

And re the question 'Is there a way, that user can add more participants after the feed is created?', here goes 2 options (though not elegant) as far as my knowledge is considered:

1. As said by @brettf. The advantage of this approach is that, the maintenance is quiet simple. But the downside of this approach is that, once if the users are removed from the group, they can't access the feed entry at all. Let's say a user has participated in 50% of the process and has been removed. Also let's assume that the user has made some valuable comments and attachments. When the user is removed from the group he or she won't be able to access the information or see the work which he/she did while ago.

2. An other option is to create a new post as and when the target audience change, and continue posting messages to the latest event always. Still you can stick with the creation of dynamic group here (or you can eliminate group creation and just make use of an User or Group of multiple type variable, but I generally prefer to Group, as it's management seems quiet simple to me), and the group management of adding or removing the viewers is the same. The advantage of this approach is that each and every user who has been a part of the process some time ago, can review the work(that is go through their/ team's comments, access the files which they have shared or the team has shared etc) IF needed by accessing the feed entries posted in the past. It means that the user won't lose access completely once when he or she is removed from the accessing the post.The downside of this approach is that, creation of a new post is slightly cumbersome when compared to the above approach. Just to make a note, as far as I remember, news feed requirements in the Lead Designer Credentials (some time ago) are specified on these lines.

I am not sure if any other approach exists, but probably opting for an approach completely depends on the use case and the client requirements.
  • Thank you everyone for the inputs.

I like @brettf's idea and @sikhivahans's 1st point approach as that will suite the business process we have implemented. 2nd approach won't be suitable because the feeds are based on the health report and it is going to be information only feed.

Thanks again for helping me out here.