If previous processes are not yet completed if you change existing CDT(Adding ad

If previous processes are not yet completed if you change existing CDT(Adding additional columns) and Interface(example adding an extra parameter ) , User tries to access the same process then what happens and if it is a problem how can solve these type of problems ?

Thank you.

OriginalPostID-191920

OriginalPostID-191920

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @marky Just because of the reason that the issues are faced, it doesn't mean that we need to stay away from the usage of 'By Keyword' approach. We can take advantage of the 'By Keyword' approach and at the same time we can also make the expression rule or interface work and derive a proper result based on the modifications made to it. This way we can stay away from breakage and also stay away from creating new rules as and when the inputs are modified.

"Blindly following what other people say instead of learning on your own why or why not to use techniques is not a good approach. I suggest you take the time to learn best practices based on personal experience, or listen to people that have the personal experience." - I wouldn't like to comment on this approach as it didn't seem correct to me and further I have gathered some info re the approach you have chosen and understood the situations that have welcomed the approach in your project. Just because of the reason that it worked for you, it might not be true to say that it's a good way to do. As per my experience earlier it depends on the scope of the use-case, because we have had come across the 'V2' approach, discussed it, but was ruled out later as it didn't seem beneficial for us (might seem for you) post considering the scope of the changes.

It's true that dependencies of changed object should be updated, but it's also important to remember that when some one isn't opting for 'V2' approach and wanted to go ahead with making the changes in same object (as we did), should also take care of preventing the breakage in in-flights and this can be done only when 'By Keyword' approach is chosen. Else we need to additionally focus on restarting the broken nodes in the process.

My way of doing is, I would lean towards 'By Keyword' approach and I would decide the strategy (whether to consider making changes in the same object or to create new version, mostly I would stick onto making the changes in same object and control the changes as per the inputs and release time) later considering the scope or project practices(in order to maintain uniformity).
  • @marky Just because of the reason that the issues are faced, it doesn't mean that we need to stay away from the usage of 'By Keyword' approach. We can take advantage of the 'By Keyword' approach and at the same time we can also make the expression rule or interface work and derive a proper result based on the modifications made to it. This way we can stay away from breakage and also stay away from creating new rules as and when the inputs are modified.

"Blindly following what other people say instead of learning on your own why or why not to use techniques is not a good approach. I suggest you take the time to learn best practices based on personal experience, or listen to people that have the personal experience." - I wouldn't like to comment on this approach as it didn't seem correct to me and further I have gathered some info re the approach you have chosen and understood the situations that have welcomed the approach in your project. Just because of the reason that it worked for you, it might not be true to say that it's a good way to do. As per my experience earlier it depends on the scope of the use-case, because we have had come across the 'V2' approach, discussed it, but was ruled out later as it didn't seem beneficial for us (might seem for you) post considering the scope of the changes.

It's true that dependencies of changed object should be updated, but it's also important to remember that when some one isn't opting for 'V2' approach and wanted to go ahead with making the changes in same object (as we did), should also take care of preventing the breakage in in-flights and this can be done only when 'By Keyword' approach is chosen. Else we need to additionally focus on restarting the broken nodes in the process.

My way of doing is, I would lean towards 'By Keyword' approach and I would decide the strategy (whether to consider making changes in the same object or to create new version, mostly I would stick onto making the changes in same object and control the changes as per the inputs and release time) later considering the scope or project practices(in order to maintain uniformity).
Children
No Data