I have a complex case that I need help with that will probably end up in a store

I have a complex case that I need help with that will probably end up in a stored procedure of some sort.

Here's an example: From your query entity, you retrieve 100 rows of data, many of them all containing the same information, except for 1 column, for the following 4 columns:Application #, Part Time Students, Full Time Students, School Number

Your data looks like this initially:
(The count matches for each set = 7)

Application #: {115111,115112,115113,115114,115116,115117,115118}
Part Time Students: {1000,2000,1000,2000,1000,1000,2000}
Full Time Students: {500, 500,1000,500,1000,1000,1000}
School #: {1,2,1,2,1,2,1}

From here, you want to retrieve only distinct values from each set (this may even include nulls at any given point).
So you want to truncate your data to this since there are many duplicates:

Application #: {115111,115112,115113,115114,115116,115117,115118}
Part Time Students: {1000,2000}
Full T...

OriginalPostID-193992

OriginalPostID-193992

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • So when a hyperlink is clicked while previewing data for an app, I have to retrieve the columns I specified in my example into a grid but it shouldn't contain duplicates (because in this particular scenario, it's not necessary.) Should the data I'm querying contain the EXACT same data, then I only need to show only 1 of those rows (since they're the same).

Otherwise, I should show all data where it differs (again, duplicates are unnecessary because it would just be a large grid of data showing the same result).

My main issue is if there are a few/multiple/several columns of data that differ (but have some similarities in 1 or 2 columns), I want to make sure the info is aligning accurately instead of just doing an apply & merge of some sort that iterates through the values & does every combination possible because that would be, in some cases, incorrect when this is shown to a user which is why I'm taking this approach.
  • So when a hyperlink is clicked while previewing data for an app, I have to retrieve the columns I specified in my example into a grid but it shouldn't contain duplicates (because in this particular scenario, it's not necessary.) Should the data I'm querying contain the EXACT same data, then I only need to show only 1 of those rows (since they're the same).

Otherwise, I should show all data where it differs (again, duplicates are unnecessary because it would just be a large grid of data showing the same result).

My main issue is if there are a few/multiple/several columns of data that differ (but have some similarities in 1 or 2 columns), I want to make sure the info is aligning accurately instead of just doing an apply & merge of some sort that iterates through the values & does every combination possible because that would be, in some cases, incorrect when this is shown to a user which is why I'm taking this approach.
Children
No Data