In version 7.6(portal interface), I am trying to display a default people value,

In version 7.6(portal interface), I am trying to display a default people value, for some reasons its not saving when it comes back to the same user task, I would really appreciate some help.

OriginalPostID-195662

OriginalPostID-195662

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Can you attach some screenshots to better understand the issue? Make sure to show the configurations in the form too.
  • please do find the same in the attachment.

dropdown1 - form input
    dropdown2 - form configuration
    dropdown3 - workflow comeback to same user input task, I do get the value default value for people but its not showing up in dropdown.

Please let me know what I am missing.

Thank you.

• @sathisht I would like to propose the solution as per your existing design.

Use the following expression in Display Label and Value of the field:
    =insert(topeople(sortuserarray(getdistinctusers(topeople()),true,false)),null,1)

FYI, the above expression has been tested by me and the drop-down is able to display the value properly, provided if it is among the drop-down values.

Few reasons I could think of at the moment for the failure of your approach is:

1. fn!sortuserarray returns a list of username and the field which you are trying to configure in the form is of type people. So it would be ideal to maintain the values of 'People' type when you are using a drop-down field of 'People' type. That's the reason why I have converted the value to People type.

2. Further you are trying to insert a double quote (that is, "") in the Value. I am not sure how far this works because "" is not a valid value (because this won't resolve to a proper object), especially when you are configuring the Value for the 'People' type object. So I would like to suggest to make use of null at-least in the 'Value' when you are making use of the fields that holds Objects of type User, User or Group, Group etc. And coming to Display Label, you may use any value, for instance you may use "" or null or --Select-- or Select etc.

Perhaps you may derive the exact conclusions by playing with the expression I have provided for some more time.

Please do let us know if you have any follow-up questions.