Questions about Querying Data from an RDBMS

with Reference to this below URL,
forum.appian.com/.../Querying_Data_From_an_RDBMS.html
There are some doubts out of my interest.
Lets consider a scenario, like we have a view which is having 100k of data and it is trying to fetch the data with pagination with 25 records per page. we are using Query rules and we are in version 7.4
Knowing that pagination is given it will load only 25 records per page but our doubt is since pagination is used in the expression rule of displaying the data in grid,
1.Is Query Rule fetching all the records and showing 25 per page or is it hitting the db for the next 25 records,
2.Is this the same way how Query Entity works or is it different.
3.Knowing that the maximum limit of data for Query rule is 1 MB, is it the same for Query Entity or does this differ.
4.How does the performance of Query rule and Query Entity differ if the working of both are same.
Please Sugges...

OriginalPostID-196692

OriginalPostID-196692

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • i agree with you on this but i my previous project we were facing issue like form taking long to load , so we replaced all query rules with query entity's and it kind of decreased overall laging time for a form to load and overall process execution time.Secondly if database table has columns around 10 or above then i think query entity will be more beneficial specially when we are fetching lot of records.
  • i agree with you on this but i my previous project we were facing issue like form taking long to load , so we replaced all query rules with query entity's and it kind of decreased overall laging time for a form to load and overall process execution time.Secondly if database table has columns around 10 or above then i think query entity will be more beneficial specially when we are fetching lot of records.
Children
No Data