Hi, A question related to Appian Performance, we are trying to analy

Hi,

A question related to Appian Performance, we are trying to analyzing how web service call load impacting our performance in production, one thing we have noticed is for shared process model which includes the web service call node, the duration of the process execution for UI chained is much faster than it was called by the back-end parent process model, which means not in the activity chain, is it what Appian behaves normally? UI chained process model call takes priority?

If anyone could help clarify this, that would be quite helpful.

Thanks,
Ping

OriginalPostID-198252

OriginalPostID-198252

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks Ejas to clarify this! The reason why I am asking is in production we have background workflow process which initiated from web and foreground process which is initiated from CSR, at one point we got complaint from CSR UI is slow, then we begin to analyze the bottleneck and one of the web service call subprocess (getAccount) is used for both channel, after analyzing the duration for completing this subprocess, there are two tiers noticed, one is much faster(i.e. 0.5s) which has the activity chaining enabled, but the other one is slower(2s) which doesn't have chaining enabled. So as per your explanation, that makes sense to me.

Thanks,
    Ping
  • Thanks Ejas to clarify this! The reason why I am asking is in production we have background workflow process which initiated from web and foreground process which is initiated from CSR, at one point we got complaint from CSR UI is slow, then we begin to analyze the bottleneck and one of the web service call subprocess (getAccount) is used for both channel, after analyzing the duration for completing this subprocess, there are two tiers noticed, one is much faster(i.e. 0.5s) which has the activity chaining enabled, but the other one is slower(2s) which doesn't have chaining enabled. So as per your explanation, that makes sense to me.

Thanks,
    Ping
Children
No Data