Hi Guys, I have in my application two kinds of users that belongs to the sa

Hi Guys,
I have in my application two kinds of users that belongs to the same GROUP(OU-ABC):
1. Actived users (VISIBLE)
2. Deactived Users (NOT VISIBLE)

The problem is that i have a rule that assign tasks to users in the aplication using the internal Id created by default when a user is created in appian plataform. But the application is assigning tasks also to DEACTIVED USERS, is this behaviour correct ???

OriginalPostID-199817

OriginalPostID-199817

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • This is one of the common scenario wherein the deactivated/invalid users needs to be handled.
    How are you managing the users to whom tasks are getting assigned ?
    Essentially before the task gets assigned the system should be checking weather th the user is an active/valid user or not. If yes its only then the task gets assigned - else for inactive users your exception workflow gets triggered wherein you do the required business logic as required.
    The expression to check the valid users looks something like:
    = if(
    rule!Utils_CheckIsNull(
    ri!user
    ),
    null,
    if(
    IsUsernameTaken(
    ri!user
    ),
    user(
    ri!user,
    "firstName"
    ) & " " & user(
    ri!user,
    "lastName"
    ),
    ri!user
    )
    )
  • This is one of the common scenario wherein the deactivated/invalid users needs to be handled.
    How are you managing the users to whom tasks are getting assigned ?
    Essentially before the task gets assigned the system should be checking weather th the user is an active/valid user or not. If yes its only then the task gets assigned - else for inactive users your exception workflow gets triggered wherein you do the required business logic as required.
    The expression to check the valid users looks something like:
    = if(
    rule!Utils_CheckIsNull(
    ri!user
    ),
    null,
    if(
    IsUsernameTaken(
    ri!user
    ),
    user(
    ri!user,