How does the community at large handle this situation: We have some w

How does the community at large handle this situation:

We have some workflows that consist of a three phases (somebody needs something, somebody approves that need, somebody delivers it). Typically, there are a collection of little generic library sub-processes that get called. But the three components above typically involve data and people that are unique to this instance

Currently we build that whole process into a process model and it "lives" for the entire set of actions listed above.

What we desire is to break the whole thing apart into small chunks that only "live" long enough to load the necessary data, interact (where necessary) with a user, write the data that changed and end.

How have you all handled a mix of library code and data driven purpose built components?

OriginalPostID-200752

OriginalPostID-200752

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I've done it by building out what I call "Activities". It's basically a checklist of sorts. Users can launch each of the activities but we can also trigger activities automatically based on the completion of other activities. The activity process is generic to all activities, just a couple of tasks. The task forms are specific to each activity. The data common to each activity is stored in the activity table but we have other domain specific data that is stored in various Records.

Certified Lead Developer

I've done it by building out what I call "Activities". It's basically a checklist of sorts. Users can launch each of the activities but we can also trigger activities automatically based on the completion of other activities. The activity process is generic to all activities, just a couple of tasks. The task forms are specific to each activity. The data common to each activity is stored in the activity table but we have other domain specific data that is stored in various Records.

Children
No Data