Manually restarted a task and when process completed does not return to parent p

Manually restarted a task and when process completed does not return to parent process.

How do I get it to continue back to the parent process? I have many PV's that I capture as output in the parent process, so I can not just start the next node in the parent process.

OriginalPostID-209969

OriginalPostID-209969

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi brian,
    Above two points are the valid and possible solutions to the issue encountered for you.
    When a node crashed in a sub-process, which does not have a terminate event, even after fixing the issue and the flow reached end event the instance will still be active as the node which got crashed will be with the status "Unattended".
    And so this leads to the main process to wait infinite time for the sub-process to get terminated.

With any of the above implementations, it gets resolved. But the solution - checking the property “Delete previously completed/cancelled instances” in “Other” tab - is most suitable when you implement a flow that includes more than one node to undergo a loop (not MNI).
    So, please try placing a terminate event in the process model that you have configured in the sub-process mode and publish it so that you can avoid these kind of crashes in future.
  • Hi brian,
    Above two points are the valid and possible solutions to the issue encountered for you.
    When a node crashed in a sub-process, which does not have a terminate event, even after fixing the issue and the flow reached end event the instance will still be active as the node which got crashed will be with the status "Unattended".
    And so this leads to the main process to wait infinite time for the sub-process to get terminated.

With any of the above implementations, it gets resolved. But the solution - checking the property “Delete previously completed/cancelled instances” in “Other” tab - is most suitable when you implement a flow that includes more than one node to undergo a loop (not MNI).
    So, please try placing a terminate event in the process model that you have configured in the sub-process mode and publish it so that you can avoid these kind of crashes in future.
Children
No Data