Hi I am working on version 16.1. Just as we have My Models

Hi

I am working on version 16.1.

Just as we have My Models folder in Processes where the logged in user can only see his PMs, similarly I want that a folder that I create in the Rules tab, only I can open it or see it's contents.
For this I have applied security on this folder:
1. I have unchecked:
"Inherit security from parent"
which was checked by default.
2. I have removed "All Users" group who were given Editor rights by default.
3. I have just kept myself as Administrator in the folder's security.

Still when I asked my peers to open the folder, they were able to open it and see it's contents.
Can any one please suggest what am I missing in the security part.

Thanks in advance!!

OriginalPostID-211263

OriginalPostID-211263

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @komalc Hi, to the best of my knowledge, what you have been trying to implement is completely possible but the designers should be basic users in this case. The security model in this case would be really complex as you should be well versed with the security matrix of the Appian objects, system default groups and some more things but at the same time it would be really interesting as well. The output of this kind of security model is really interesting, for instance you can control many objects in the environment from the access/creation/updates/deletion perspective.

So far I haven't heard of the implementation of the security model as discussed above. I am unsure about the consequences of such a model as I have explored very little as a part of trying to implementing the same.
  • @komalc Hi, to the best of my knowledge, what you have been trying to implement is completely possible but the designers should be basic users in this case. The security model in this case would be really complex as you should be well versed with the security matrix of the Appian objects, system default groups and some more things but at the same time it would be really interesting as well. The output of this kind of security model is really interesting, for instance you can control many objects in the environment from the access/creation/updates/deletion perspective.

So far I haven't heard of the implementation of the security model as discussed above. I am unsure about the consequences of such a model as I have explored very little as a part of trying to implementing the same.
Children
No Data