I'm having an issue in upload document. The situation is that I have to disp

I'm having an issue in upload document. The situation is that I have to display the Upload Document control in a grid and once it is uploaded i need to store the document ID in DB. And if i'am again returning to this screen, and since i have already uploaded the document earlier and it is in DB, it should show the link to that document. In gridRowLayout, i am doing following:
if(
rule!APN_isBlank(ri!items[ri!index].appianDocId),
a!fileUploadField(
value: ri!items[ri!index].appianDocId,
saveInto: ri!items[ri!index].appianDocId,
target: cons!WMG_GBL_UPLOADED_DOCS_TARGET,
readOnly: true,
align: "RIGHT"
),
a!linkField(
label: "",
links: {
a!documentDownloadLink(
label: ri!items[ri!index].appianDocId,
document: ri!items[ri!index].appianDocId
)
}
)
)

Now the problem is as soon as i upload the document in the cell i...

OriginalPostID-212534

OriginalPostID-212534

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @gaurava Hi, would you be able to add some information with regards to how you are uploading the document(that is, are you submitting the form after the completion of document upload), how you are populating the documentId field in the CDT thereafter? At a very high level, what I could predict as of now, you are tying to utilise the temporary document object(the document uploaded in task becomes an actual document object after the form submission) and trying to obtain the properties of the same using fn!document() which actually throws an error as the temporary document hasn't become a actual document yet.
  • @gaurava Hi, would you be able to add some information with regards to how you are uploading the document(that is, are you submitting the form after the completion of document upload), how you are populating the documentId field in the CDT thereafter? At a very high level, what I could predict as of now, you are tying to utilise the temporary document object(the document uploaded in task becomes an actual document object after the form submission) and trying to obtain the properties of the same using fn!document() which actually throws an error as the temporary document hasn't become a actual document yet.
Children
No Data