I'm having an issue in upload document. The situation is that I have to disp

I'm having an issue in upload document. The situation is that I have to display the Upload Document control in a grid and once it is uploaded i need to store the document ID in DB. And if i'am again returning to this screen, and since i have already uploaded the document earlier and it is in DB, it should show the link to that document. In gridRowLayout, i am doing following:
if(
rule!APN_isBlank(ri!items[ri!index].appianDocId),
a!fileUploadField(
value: ri!items[ri!index].appianDocId,
saveInto: ri!items[ri!index].appianDocId,
target: cons!WMG_GBL_UPLOADED_DOCS_TARGET,
readOnly: true,
align: "RIGHT"
),
a!linkField(
label: "",
links: {
a!documentDownloadLink(
label: ri!items[ri!index].appianDocId,
document: ri!items[ri!index].appianDocId
)
}
)
)

Now the problem is as soon as i upload the document in the cell i...

OriginalPostID-212534

OriginalPostID-212534

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @gaurava322-
    I interpretted the issue in a different way.Please refer the below solution.
    For saving the document into the target knowledge center and for avoiding "'document' : Expression evaluation error : Invalid function document." error you can have a buttonWidgetSubmit with name "Upload" and style "NORMAL" which upon clicking submits the form, goes into the process model (which helps the document getting upload into the targeted KC) and then comes back to the same form immediately through activity chaining.
    There should be a XOR gate which should check that the submit action was from the Upload button not from actual submit button.
    After the XOR check there should be a script task by which you can initialize the document id(s) cdt field with the actual document id(s).
    Now as you have the actual document id(s) you can convert it into a document and perform a variety of operations like fetching the name, size, download etc.
    Hope the information was helpful.
  • @gaurava322-
    I interpretted the issue in a different way.Please refer the below solution.
    For saving the document into the target knowledge center and for avoiding "'document' : Expression evaluation error : Invalid function document." error you can have a buttonWidgetSubmit with name "Upload" and style "NORMAL" which upon clicking submits the form, goes into the process model (which helps the document getting upload into the targeted KC) and then comes back to the same form immediately through activity chaining.
    There should be a XOR gate which should check that the submit action was from the Upload button not from actual submit button.
    After the XOR check there should be a script task by which you can initialize the document id(s) cdt field with the actual document id(s).
    Now as you have the actual document id(s) you can convert it into a document and perform a variety of operations like fetching the name, size, download etc.
    Hope the information was helpful.
Children
No Data