We are on 7.11. I am curious about following: (1) Is it possible

We are on 7.11.

I am curious about following:
(1) Is it possible to have a search mechanism on the Record List which can return the results based on the content present in the record dashboard?

(2) Is there a way to configure the News feed on the site? From the documentation, I could say that it is not possible. Just want to confirm.

Thanks,
Akshar.

OriginalPostID-212825

OriginalPostID-212825

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The search box in the Record list searches in the number and text fields present in the title of each record. To add new search fields without displaying them, you can prepend something like this to the beginning of the title field in your a!listViewItem definition: left(rf!fieldName1 & rf!fieldName2 & rf!fieldName3,0).

Assuming that your record is entity-backed, an even better option is to create a view in your database that will be the source of data for your record list. Then, the CDT which connects to this view can have a text field which contains all of your search terms concatenated together, and you can use left(rf!fieldName,0) to allow users to search in your terms without displaying them.
  • The search box in the Record list searches in the number and text fields present in the title of each record. To add new search fields without displaying them, you can prepend something like this to the beginning of the title field in your a!listViewItem definition: left(rf!fieldName1 & rf!fieldName2 & rf!fieldName3,0).

Assuming that your record is entity-backed, an even better option is to create a view in your database that will be the source of data for your record list. Then, the CDT which connects to this view can have a text field which contains all of your search terms concatenated together, and you can use left(rf!fieldName,0) to allow users to search in your terms without displaying them.
Children
No Data