After adding a group as a participant on a News entry, it appears that members o

After adding a group as a participant on a News entry, it appears that members of that group do not receive an email notifying them that they've been added. Also, when a comment is added to that News entry, the members of the added group do not receive an email alerting them about the new comment.

Is this the intended functionality? If so, what is the purpose of adding groups as participants if the group's members are never notified about their addition or about new comments?

OriginalPostID-212835

OriginalPostID-212835

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I completely agree that it would be VERY useful to have participants receive notifications when a thread is commented on - or to have another method to programmatically add users to a post which generates a notification to them when comments are added, which we cannot configure now. I posted a thread about this a little while ago as well, few suggestions there but I could not implement my intended functionality: forum.appian.com/.../e-171528

In my use case, we make a post when a request is approved, requestor and approvers are added as participants on the post. If the requestor asks a question in the thread, no one knows - as most of our 30k users do not live and breathe in our BPM environment. I would second this as an enhancement request :)
  • I completely agree that it would be VERY useful to have participants receive notifications when a thread is commented on - or to have another method to programmatically add users to a post which generates a notification to them when comments are added, which we cannot configure now. I posted a thread about this a little while ago as well, few suggestions there but I could not implement my intended functionality: forum.appian.com/.../e-171528

In my use case, we make a post when a request is approved, requestor and approvers are added as participants on the post. If the requestor asks a question in the thread, no one knows - as most of our 30k users do not live and breathe in our BPM environment. I would second this as an enhancement request :)
Children
No Data