Has anyone setup and are you using a Configuration Management DB tool like Git o

Has anyone setup and are you using a Configuration Management DB tool like Git or Subversion? I am interested in getting some information. I have looked at the documentation that is available at forum.appian.com/.../Deployment_Automation.html but I have many more questions about the specifics about the installation, configuration and usage.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

OriginalPostID-212843

OriginalPostID-212843

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • It sounds like this question is more about the setup of the actual version control. In that case you should be able to find out more in the docs for those systems, eg

https://subversion.apache.org/

If the question is more about how it works with Appian, then at a high level, you will just be tracking the Appian application objects in the version control system. This will make it easier to track changes over time, roll back to a specific version, etc. All the Versioning Manager does is interface between the Appian application zip and the version control system. Alternatively you can version control the Appian environment configurations, in which case you should just use the configure script repo as the source.
  • It sounds like this question is more about the setup of the actual version control. In that case you should be able to find out more in the docs for those systems, eg

https://subversion.apache.org/

If the question is more about how it works with Appian, then at a high level, you will just be tracking the Appian application objects in the version control system. This will make it easier to track changes over time, roll back to a specific version, etc. All the Versioning Manager does is interface between the Appian application zip and the version control system. Alternatively you can version control the Appian environment configurations, in which case you should just use the configure script repo as the source.
Children
No Data