Hi all, I am trying to import an application built in 7.11 into a 7.1

Hi all,

I am trying to import an application built in 7.11 into a 7.10 environment. I modified the MANIFEST.MF file to read 7.10.0.0. When I try and import my application I get several errors like the following:
An error occurred while creating content [uuid=391064b3-1c32-4113-9ee9-31c064301330]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid TestData object specified: TestData [TestDataId [objectUuid=391064b3-1c32-4113-9ee9-31c064301330, objectVersionId=33451, objectType={http://www.appian.com/ae/types/2009}ContentFreeformRule], testData=TypedValue[it=2141,v={{{{<null>,reportNames},{TypedValue[it=3,v=],chosenRptName},{TypedValue[it=1,v=<null>],index},{TypedValue[it=3,v=],chosenRptObjConfig},{TypedValue[it=1,v=<null>],flag},{<null>,reportNamesLabels},{<null>,searchFilterList}}}}]] (APNX-1-4071-007)

Does anyone have an insight to this problem?

Much thanks,
Rachel

OriginalPostID-214138

OriginalPostID-214138

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • 1. Offcially, Appian does not support importing applications developed on a newer version to an older version environment.
    2. But, it is possible to do so. You can edit the Manifest.MF file in the package and edit the version. This will basically bypass the check that Appian makes for version check.
    Then, as next step you can remove features which are supported in new version of Appian but not in old version.
    3. For this case, you can remove the TestCases from the expression rules.
    If it still gives an error, then the solution by Rachel of editing the xml and removing the testConfig also works.
    This is not officially supported but it can be useful when you do want to import on older version.
  • 1. Offcially, Appian does not support importing applications developed on a newer version to an older version environment.
    2. But, it is possible to do so. You can edit the Manifest.MF file in the package and edit the version. This will basically bypass the check that Appian makes for version check.
    Then, as next step you can remove features which are supported in new version of Appian but not in old version.
    3. For this case, you can remove the TestCases from the expression rules.
    If it still gives an error, then the solution by Rachel of editing the xml and removing the testConfig also works.
    This is not officially supported but it can be useful when you do want to import on older version.
Children
No Data