Hi all, I am trying to import an application built in 7.11 into a 7.1

Hi all,

I am trying to import an application built in 7.11 into a 7.10 environment. I modified the MANIFEST.MF file to read 7.10.0.0. When I try and import my application I get several errors like the following:
An error occurred while creating content [uuid=391064b3-1c32-4113-9ee9-31c064301330]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid TestData object specified: TestData [TestDataId [objectUuid=391064b3-1c32-4113-9ee9-31c064301330, objectVersionId=33451, objectType={http://www.appian.com/ae/types/2009}ContentFreeformRule], testData=TypedValue[it=2141,v={{{{<null>,reportNames},{TypedValue[it=3,v=],chosenRptName},{TypedValue[it=1,v=<null>],index},{TypedValue[it=3,v=],chosenRptObjConfig},{TypedValue[it=1,v=<null>],flag},{<null>,reportNamesLabels},{<null>,searchFilterList}}}}]] (APNX-1-4071-007)

Does anyone have an insight to this problem?

Much thanks,
Rachel

OriginalPostID-214138

OriginalPostID-214138

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @sikhivahans, If you are importing to older version of Appian, and you have used few functions/Appian functionality in your application which are not present in the old version, you need to remove/modify those. This is likely to work if the difference between the two Appian versions is not huge. (It is likely to work easily from 7.8 to 7.7)

By removing/modifying I mean, either find some way to keep that functionality but use functions which are compatible with older version also. For this you may need to do some modifications in your application. This will however not work if your application has some features which can be implemented only in new version of Appian. So, in that case your only option is to remove that functionality from the application to be able to import to old Appian env. For example: WebAPI cannot be imported to old versions. So, for application import to succeed on old version, you will need to remove the WebAPIs from your application when exporting.

For the a!queryProcessAnalytics() function, you will need to replace it with the code which uses Portal to SAIL Plugin. Then you can use it on old version also.(Of course you will have overhead of deploying the plugin for that from forum). Also, you will effectively need to maintain redundant code - one code which uses portal to SAIL plugin(for old Appian version), other which uses a!queryProcessAnalytics() for newer version. This is certainly an extra overhead, but it will help in porting applications to slightly older versions.
  • @sikhivahans, If you are importing to older version of Appian, and you have used few functions/Appian functionality in your application which are not present in the old version, you need to remove/modify those. This is likely to work if the difference between the two Appian versions is not huge. (It is likely to work easily from 7.8 to 7.7)

By removing/modifying I mean, either find some way to keep that functionality but use functions which are compatible with older version also. For this you may need to do some modifications in your application. This will however not work if your application has some features which can be implemented only in new version of Appian. So, in that case your only option is to remove that functionality from the application to be able to import to old Appian env. For example: WebAPI cannot be imported to old versions. So, for application import to succeed on old version, you will need to remove the WebAPIs from your application when exporting.

For the a!queryProcessAnalytics() function, you will need to replace it with the code which uses Portal to SAIL Plugin. Then you can use it on old version also.(Of course you will have overhead of deploying the plugin for that from forum). Also, you will effectively need to maintain redundant code - one code which uses portal to SAIL plugin(for old Appian version), other which uses a!queryProcessAnalytics() for newer version. This is certainly an extra overhead, but it will help in porting applications to slightly older versions.
Children
No Data