How can I prevent multiple users from accessing the same related action?

Hello:
Does anyone have a solution for how to avoid 2 users simultaneously triggering the same related action on the same record (assuming the related action would overwrite the record values).
We need a mutex solution, but I am not sure how to do this in Appian except through a database solution. Does anyone know of a mutex solution out-of-the-box in Appian?

OriginalPostID-215481

OriginalPostID-215481

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I would create a stored procedure run at the very beginning of the process which returns 'ok' if a flag in the DB is not set (proc also sets this hold flag at the same time), which allows the user to continue. The proc would also return 'not ok' if the flag is currently set, displaying a message to the second user about the item already being edited. In the first scenario, the user can continue to edit the item, clearing the flag when edits are complete or when a short exception timer fires on the user input task.
  • I would create a stored procedure run at the very beginning of the process which returns 'ok' if a flag in the DB is not set (proc also sets this hold flag at the same time), which allows the user to continue. The proc would also return 'not ok' if the flag is currently set, displaying a message to the second user about the item already being edited. In the first scenario, the user can continue to edit the item, clearing the flag when edits are complete or when a short exception timer fires on the user input task.
Children
No Data