How can I prevent multiple users from accessing the same related action?

Hello:
Does anyone have a solution for how to avoid 2 users simultaneously triggering the same related action on the same record (assuming the related action would overwrite the record values).
We need a mutex solution, but I am not sure how to do this in Appian except through a database solution. Does anyone know of a mutex solution out-of-the-box in Appian?

OriginalPostID-215481

OriginalPostID-215481

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • As real hard locking is nearly impossible to do without deep support from the plattform my idea is as follows: While the user modifies data on the form check if there is another instance of the same process is running and show a message in that case. You can even disable the whole form.
    When you do that check inside a with statement it is repeated on each user interaction. When you implement the process report in a clever way you can even show the name of the other user trying to modify the data. I will try to do an implementation of this and post my results here.
  • As real hard locking is nearly impossible to do without deep support from the plattform my idea is as follows: While the user modifies data on the form check if there is another instance of the same process is running and show a message in that case. You can even disable the whole form.
    When you do that check inside a with statement it is repeated on each user interaction. When you implement the process report in a clever way you can even show the name of the other user trying to modify the data. I will try to do an implementation of this and post my results here.
Children
No Data