How can I prevent multiple users from accessing the same related action?

Hello:
Does anyone have a solution for how to avoid 2 users simultaneously triggering the same related action on the same record (assuming the related action would overwrite the record values).
We need a mutex solution, but I am not sure how to do this in Appian except through a database solution. Does anyone know of a mutex solution out-of-the-box in Appian?

OriginalPostID-215481

OriginalPostID-215481

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I am working on another idea. Created a CDT with fields "lock" and "user". The XSD gets an annotation

@Table(uniqueConstraints=
    @UniqueConstraint(columnNames = {"lock"}))

Now when I open a related action it tries to insert some values where lock will be the recordId and user is loggedinuser(). a!writeToDataStoreEntity() can react on success or error, so I know that either I could write the lock or the record is locked by someone else. If locked, I can show by whom and disable the submit button. The last node in the process deletes the lock.

This way I do not need any stored procedures or process reports and analytics. The only issue is that it is 16.2+.

What do you think?
  • I am working on another idea. Created a CDT with fields "lock" and "user". The XSD gets an annotation

@Table(uniqueConstraints=
    @UniqueConstraint(columnNames = {"lock"}))

Now when I open a related action it tries to insert some values where lock will be the recordId and user is loggedinuser(). a!writeToDataStoreEntity() can react on success or error, so I know that either I could write the lock or the record is locked by someone else. If locked, I can show by whom and disable the submit button. The last node in the process deletes the lock.

This way I do not need any stored procedures or process reports and analytics. The only issue is that it is 16.2+.

What do you think?
Children
No Data