Has anyone successfully integrated Appian with Adobe Sign? We are looking at us

Has anyone successfully integrated Appian with Adobe Sign? We are looking at using Adobe Sign for e-signatures of some of our documents. Thanks in advance for any and all information.

OriginalPostID-216336

OriginalPostID-216336

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • We have implemented eSignature solutions for multiple customers using DocuSign, and Adobe is no different. In fact, all the design paradigms apply here too. Adobe has a REST based and a SOAP based service that can be used to send documents, check status of Applications etc. The documentation is quite straight forward - helpx.adobe.com/.../esign_API_Implementation_Guide.pdf

From my experience of having implemented eSign, working with different business stakeholders, here are my 2 cents.

Try to host the Document Templates in Adobe(It is called Embedded Signing), as opposed to hosting the Documents in Appian and sending the document in the web service call. It helps for maintainability and upgrades. I don’t think Adobe handles all the complex scenarios that DocuSign provides, but the vendor can confirm that.

Create a re-usable module in Appian for creating Signing requests and for checking Application status. You can also subscribe for different events in Adobe, like ‘when someone has viewed an Application’ OR ‘ when an Application is Complete’. Create a module that can handle those notification events from Adobe.

Check if Adobe has an Admin GUI where Business users can modify documents real-time. (DocuSign has this feature)
  • We have implemented eSignature solutions for multiple customers using DocuSign, and Adobe is no different. In fact, all the design paradigms apply here too. Adobe has a REST based and a SOAP based service that can be used to send documents, check status of Applications etc. The documentation is quite straight forward - helpx.adobe.com/.../esign_API_Implementation_Guide.pdf

From my experience of having implemented eSign, working with different business stakeholders, here are my 2 cents.

Try to host the Document Templates in Adobe(It is called Embedded Signing), as opposed to hosting the Documents in Appian and sending the document in the web service call. It helps for maintainability and upgrades. I don’t think Adobe handles all the complex scenarios that DocuSign provides, but the vendor can confirm that.

Create a re-usable module in Appian for creating Signing requests and for checking Application status. You can also subscribe for different events in Adobe, like ‘when someone has viewed an Application’ OR ‘ when an Application is Complete’. Create a module that can handle those notification events from Adobe.

Check if Adobe has an Admin GUI where Business users can modify documents real-time. (DocuSign has this feature)
Children
No Data