Hi All, Is there any way I can update the parent process security fro

Hi All,

Is there any way I can update the parent process security from child process eg: I Have a parent process A and child process B now at runtime I have to update the parent process A security from process B without losing control B.

Is there a way to do this apart from using IFM Manager.

OriginalPostID-217817

OriginalPostID-217817

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @sunnya Hi, I believe IFM is the only way until and unless I miss something.

And with regards to control, may I know what do you mean? Just in case, if you meant to say that the parent security shouldn't cascade to child, this depends on the configuration made by you on the subprocess node which actually speaks about inheriting security from the parent process. If the setting is already in place but is not desired by you then you may upgrade the processes in such a way that the setting isn't in place and then you may go for updating the security.

@sparsh Just to let you know, Modify Process Security smart service acts in the context of process. That is, it can only influence(directly) the security of a process in which it is present. So I don't believe the smart service pointed by you is going to be an option.
  • @sunnya Hi, I believe IFM is the only way until and unless I miss something.

And with regards to control, may I know what do you mean? Just in case, if you meant to say that the parent security shouldn't cascade to child, this depends on the configuration made by you on the subprocess node which actually speaks about inheriting security from the parent process. If the setting is already in place but is not desired by you then you may upgrade the processes in such a way that the setting isn't in place and then you may go for updating the security.

@sparsh Just to let you know, Modify Process Security smart service acts in the context of process. That is, it can only influence(directly) the security of a process in which it is present. So I don't believe the smart service pointed by you is going to be an option.
Children
No Data