Hi All, Is there any way I can update the parent process security fro

Hi All,

Is there any way I can update the parent process security from child process eg: I Have a parent process A and child process B now at runtime I have to update the parent process A security from process B without losing control B.

Is there a way to do this apart from using IFM Manager.

OriginalPostID-217817

OriginalPostID-217817

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Alternative Option# 1:
    1. Have a Boolean PV pass by reference between child and parent process.
    2. Have a trigger which will run and execute the Modify security smart service in the parent process whenever that Boolean PV is true in Parent Process.
    3. In child Process, when the value changes to true, the trigger will run automatically and security of parent will change

Alternative Option# 2:
    1. Use Set/Get PV smart service with a Boolean variable.
    2. set value of the Boolean PV to true from Child Process using Set PV Smart service
    3. For specifying the processId in Set Smart Service, you can simply use pp!id from child process.
  • Alternative Option# 1:
    1. Have a Boolean PV pass by reference between child and parent process.
    2. Have a trigger which will run and execute the Modify security smart service in the parent process whenever that Boolean PV is true in Parent Process.
    3. In child Process, when the value changes to true, the trigger will run automatically and security of parent will change

Alternative Option# 2:
    1. Use Set/Get PV smart service with a Boolean variable.
    2. set value of the Boolean PV to true from Child Process using Set PV Smart service
    3. For specifying the processId in Set Smart Service, you can simply use pp!id from child process.
Children
No Data