Hi All, I would like to know the back-end functioning of the below ap

Hi All,

I would like to know the back-end functioning of the below appian behaviour

When we click on "Create an Interface" in the the "Design view" we will shown some predefined templates. If you click on any templates lets say if we click "Form with sections" automatically a SAIL Code will be generated in "Expression View"

It clear that some SAIL Forms is hidden in the templates...

My Question here is

1) In what form the templates will be ??? Is it a JAR ? its an Internal API ?? or What is that ??
2) Can we place our own form in interface template ?
3) If it is a JAR or API in server where can we get the same ???

Appreciate your response..!!

OriginalPostID-218000

OriginalPostID-218000

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Team, keep in mind that everything bundled with Appian is proprietary code. Appian is not an open source platform, so let's not reverse Engineer nor 'decompile' proprietary code to stay under license agreement.

Even further, anything that's not public is subject to change without notice, so whatever you see now, can be completely different in a future version and touching base product files can result in putting your system in an unsupported state.

Even though opening a ZIP file is not a risky action, I understand that, it opens doors for what I describe above which is not something a certified practitioner should be recommending in my humble opinion.

Let's instead all together cooperate as a big community with alternative approaches that are license complaint and that encourage creativity and lateral thinking.
  • Team, keep in mind that everything bundled with Appian is proprietary code. Appian is not an open source platform, so let's not reverse Engineer nor 'decompile' proprietary code to stay under license agreement.

Even further, anything that's not public is subject to change without notice, so whatever you see now, can be completely different in a future version and touching base product files can result in putting your system in an unsupported state.

Even though opening a ZIP file is not a risky action, I understand that, it opens doors for what I describe above which is not something a certified practitioner should be recommending in my humble opinion.

Let's instead all together cooperate as a big community with alternative approaches that are license complaint and that encourage creativity and lateral thinking.
Children
No Data